Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Baby Update and what's up!

Where to start?!? 

I'm nesting... and doing a lot of it! 
I'm also doing some a lot of crafting! 
And... My baby shower was this past Saturday!

I'll start off with a quick baby update! 

Went back to the high risk doctor at the hospital for my "non-stress test" and ultra-sound. The test went well, the doctor looked at my blood sugar levels and said they looked very good and to keep doing what I'm doing (not sure exactly what that is, but glad it's working!) and the ultra-sound was amazing. I almost cried to see my little Xavier so well! He's getting big! 3lbs. 11oz. and moving away... he even tried to talk to me! Okay, it was just his mouth moving, but I can pretend, right?! 


The nesting is going well! After the shower I feel like we have just about everything we need. Tomorrow we head to my mom's to pick up the dresser and changing table that my cousin gave me and my mom painted to match the crib! I'm so excited to get those in the room and start putting things away! I also plan on decorating the knobs of both to match the room theme! 

The crafting could very easily be linked to the nesting, as most of the things I've made are either for his room or for the shower. My sister didn't have a ton of help, and I love that sort of thing, so I helped with decor! 

I will be shortly posting my recovering of a swivel rocker from my late grandma. We knew we needed a rocker for the nursery, but they are sooo expensive. We had two of these swivel rockers in our basement, and I thought to myself (as I try to often) I can make that look how I want it to. So we'll see what you think! 

Until next time... feeling Xavier kick my bladder, fun! 

No comments: