Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Craft Wars Review

I am currently watching


and so far it's very interesting!
I've always liked the competition reality shows, like Chopped, Cupcake Wars, etc. and to finally have one that truly matches a passion of mine is AMAZING! 

First off - The Judges:
Stephen Brown of Glitterville Studios - Wonderful! His opinions were right up the alley of mine and professionally stated. 
Erica Domesek of P.S. -I made this - She's spunky... at first I thought she was going to be the Simon Cowell of Craft Wars, but it turns out she just needs to work on her constructive criticism. 
Jo Pearson of creative expert from Michaels - She seemed pretty quiet a first, but by the end of the episode she seemed to see to be heard she needed to talk louder than Erica, and had great things to say! 


Then there is Tori Spelling - I wasn't sure what to expect because I've always kinda been a little iffy about her, but her love of crafts is shown in hosting this show. They also brought out her kids at one point in the first episode and they are adorable! 


It's slightly different than other challenge shows by only having 2 rounds... something to get use to. But due to only having 3 contestants to start with, it helps with the break down, and gives more focus on the final 2 and the big project. 


At times it also seems like they are trying to fit too much into a short time by the way they cut to commercial. But I guess I won't complain, because they did fit more in that way! I kinda felt like I was there and wanted to help!


I'm really looking forward to the types of challenges they have in future episodes. The challenges for this episode were very interesting, to say the least! Now, if only I could be a crafty competitor on there! 


Check it out, or if you did, let me know what you thought of it! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A craft wars break down? And I'm the geek in the family?!