Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The baby shower - Food!

The baby shower food table (aka. Callie's Cravings): 


Menu
Asian Salad
Cheesy Whales (or gold fish, but we actually found whales!)
Chips and Dip
Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon/Sugar Pita Chips
Pickles
Cupcakes
Ice Creams Sundaes





Theme: (just like the nursery) Whales 
& My food cravings! 


Now, due to the gestational diabetes (which sucks!), I can't have a bunch of anything that I want, but I try to keep my cravings in check with moderation. 




Then at the other end of the table was the true dessert! 
And the stuff I really have to moderate! 



The cupcakes all have a cute sparkly X's on them for Xavier! 
My sister made these and they rocked! 


In addition to the cupcakes, everyone was able to make their own ice cream sundae. 
I am really bummed I never got a pic of the ice cream in the large pail because we kept it cold with frozen water balloons! It was sooo cute and worked pretty well! 



Here are the toppings and the personalized labels I made for each thing! I felt like it pulled everything together! 




Last but not least, beverages. 
Just simple Ice Water on the left, then my sister found a great recipe on Pinterest for (what she called) Sparkling Pineapple Lemonade


Then I found the straws on Pick Your Plum a great daily discount for fun crafty type things. I also got red and white to mix and match with the leftovers from the shower for my nieces 4th of July birthday! 


Next up will be decor details! 


PWW Button




Lil\'Luna



4 comments:

Dacia said...

Cute party. I really like the idea of frozen water balloons! I had gestational diabetes too & it was no fun not eating all the yummy things I wanted to eat :)

cheapcraftymama said...

Very cute, what a fun idea! I would love for you to share this (and any other creations) at Pin It and Win It Wednesday @ www.cheapcraftymama.com!

Pamela R said...

What an adorable party, I love the theme!!

mackyton said...

Fantastic! That’s a good menu. Thanks a lot for sharing such a helpful post. It is my daughter’s birthday next month and we are celebrating it in one of the home studios NYC. I am glad I came across this post. These dishes are great and I am sure kids will love it.